The following products are available exclusively through our licensed FAIS Insurance Intermediaries. For a quote please contact your broker or we can refer you to one of our brokers:
HEAVY COMMERCIAL VEHICLE (HCV)
This is the Motor section - it insures loss & damage for trucks, motor vehicles, trailers and equipment due to accidents, ﬁre, hail, or theft/hijack.
GOODS IN TRANSIT
We provide cover for Professional & Part-time transport companies, Commercial and Agricultural clients, insuring their goods against loss or damage, while being moved from one place to another.
At VAPS HCV we insure Non-Motor commercial sections for transporters including Fire, Buildings, Electronic Equipment and Business All Risks.
We offer excess reducer packages on motor and non-motor related insurance claims for underlying policies to cover you when you need access to cover your excess payments.
VAPS offers 24/7 roadside assistance and accident management for HCV’s, trailers, commercial vehicles, PMV’s, LDV’s & special types of vehicles
We offer insurance for dirvers, offer training, as well as value added products like funeral cover and 24 hr roadside assistance, keeping your employees safe and conﬁdent on the road.
IMPORTANT NOTES ON POLICIES
• All Vehicles with a Value of more than R 200 000 – Tracking device with Recovery option required
• All Vehicles with a Value below R 200 000 – VESA level 3 or 4 or factory ﬁtted alarm/immobilizer and/or Tracking device
• Truck Tractors & Rigids – Maximum indemnity limit of R 2 500 000
• Trailers – Maximum indemnity limit of R 1 200 000 per link
• SASRIA automatically included
• Broker Commission: 12.5% on Motor & 20% on GIT
RISK & BUREAU SERVICES
We assists our clients with ﬂeet control room activities through data analytics and assistance of dedicated ﬂeet controllers, monitoring of vehicle movements and real-time updates.
Our comprehensive polution cover, by Environsure, is designed to provide hazardous goods transport cover and includes spill response measures.
IMPORTANT NOTES ON EXCESS REDUCERS
• There must be a valid Comprehensive Underlying policy in place.
• All our products can be taken as stand-alone cover.
• Broker Commission: Non-Motor 20% & Motor 12.5%
• The Underlying Insurer must admit liability and pay out before our cover will respond, except where the claim falls within the excess.
• Our rating guide is a guideline only and is always subject to the policy wording.
• If the client’s claim falls within the excess with the Underlying Insurer, they can still submit a claim to VAPS. Vehicles, Trailers & Plant must always be comprehensively insured with a valid underlying policy in place.
• All products can be taken as stand-alone.
• Theft/Hijack excluded.
• If Non-Standard Excesses are applied by the Underlying Insurer, then the Inner Excesses may vary.